10 Ways to Add Curb Appeal for Less than $100
May 4, 2023
Spring is upon us, and so is the spring housing market! As nature begins to show off its best, it’s time for you to make sure your clients’ properties are doing the same. Check out this list of simple ways to spruce up homes and give potential buyers a fantastic first impression, ALL for under $100.
- Freshen up the garage door. Start with a fresh power wash or scrub. You can even pick up decorative accents for garage doors for under $30 at a hardware store. That and a new coat of paint = major impact!
- Mulch your beds. When you smell the fresh mulch in the air, you KNOW the flower beds are looking extra sharp. Some stores even run sales on bagged mulch during this time of year, so keep an eye out.
- Add window boxes. What better way to add some life and color to an otherwise neutral space than a few flowers? Pick up the few supplies you need (window box kit, soil, and your favorite plants) at the local store and get planting!
- Add an outdoor rug. If there’s space and the porch is covered, add a decorative and durable rug for a touch of comfort. This can make the area cozy and colorful to visitors and potential buyers.
- Plant a mailbox garden. Pick up some mulch and your favorite flowers at your local store. Choose a small area around the base of your mailbox and plant away! Give your home an extra touch that will be seen as soon as buyers pull up.
- Install some landscape lighting. Do you have a pathway or landscaping leading up to your home? Place a couple small lights along the way to illuminate your lawn at any time of day.
- Hang a wreath. There are wreaths for every season, and they can give the front door an inviting feel. Whatever the time of year, find a wreath that fits your home’s style. Don’t forget the hanger!
- Clean the gutters. Take some time to clear away debris from the roof and gutters that may have piled up over the last few months. One afternoon and a few tools could make all the difference in how clients view the home.
- Wash the windows. Dust off the winter residue with a fresh cleaning of the windows. This quick task can make the home shine bright.
- Add some porch plants. Whether you prefer potted flowers on the steps or hanging plants, this final (and simple) touch will provide the look you need for potential buyers.
Get the curb appeal your clients need without breaking the budget. Visitors and buyers alike will love the fresh and inviting look.
You might also like…
Keep Your Work and Life Balanced by Setting Client Boundaries
By Stephanie Flynn - May 26, 2023
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. It’s important to check in with yourself and your workload throughout the year, and this month, we have three ways you can… Read More
Are Agent-Owned Property Transactions Covered by E&O Insurance?
By Virginia REALTORS® - May 1, 2023
Sponsored Content from Peal Insurance Did you know that agent-owned property claims cost about 5 times more than an average real estate claim? Flipping properties has become very… Read More
Tips for Implementing AI into YOUR Business Operations
By Stephanie Flynn - April 27, 2023
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been a huge hot topic recently (We even covered its impact on real estate in last week’s e-news!) but what does it mean for… Read More