In arbitrable cases, VAR Professional Standards convenes a panel of impartial, unbiased, and experienced Realtors® to consider your case. Designed to ensure that the due process rights of all parties are protected, claimants and respondents may be represented by attorneys, call witnesses, present evidence, and challenge the qualifications of the panel members selected to hear the case.
The parties also enjoy a limited right to request a procedural review or file a legal challenge to the decision if they believe that there were procedural deficiencies or other irregularities that constitutes a deprivation of due process. However, this is not an appeal on the decision itself, only the procedures used in conducting the hearing.
- A – 1 Request for Arbitration
- A – 2 Request for Arbitration (Nonmember)
- A – 10 Outline of Procedure for Arbitration Hearing
- A – 20 – Appeal of Grievance Committee (or Hearing Panel) Dismissal or Appeal of Classification of Arbitration Request
- A-13 Request for Procedural Review (Arbitration)
- A17a-Withdrawal of Arbitration Request
- Mandatory vs Voluntary Arbitration
If you have any questions, please contact the Professional Services Department at 804 249 5714 or email us at ProStandards@virgniarealtors.org