The National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB) is a Real Estate Professional trade organization, with local chapters across the country who embrace the ideals and mission of “promoting democracy in housing”. While the name suggests an organization of Real Estate Brokers, NAREB is a professional real estate organization which includes membership from multiple disciplines in the real estate industry.
Founded in 1947 and making it the oldest minority professional trade Association in America, NAREB’s national goal is to bring together the nation’s minority professionals in the real estate industry to promote the meaningful exchange of ideas about our business and how best to serve our clientele.
NAREB’s State of Housing in Black America (SHIBA) Report is an annual comprehensive report that has been published since 2013. It provides a detail view into the real numbers and facts that impact and impede Black families from realizing the dream of homeownership. NAREB is committed to changing the statistics through our members and industry relationships. Its goal is to continue to show Black families the issues which affect them and bring solutions to overcome these barriers. Read the 2020 SHIBA Report today.
Founded in 2003, the Asian American Real Estate Association of America (AREAA) is a national nonprofit trade organization dedicated to improving the lives of the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community through homeownership. AREAA promotes sustainable homeownership opportunities in Asian American communities by creating a powerful national voice for housing and real estate professionals that serve this dynamic market.
The DC Metro Chapter covers Northern Virginia, DC, and Maryland.
The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP) is a purpose-driven organization that is propelled by a passionate combination of entrepreneurial spirit, cultural heritage and the advocacy of its members. Our mission is to advance sustainable Hispanic homeownership. NAHREP accomplishes its mission by:
- Educating and empowering the real estate professionals who serve Hispanic home buyers & sellers
- Advocating for public policy that supports the trade association’s mission
- Facilitating relationships among industry stakeholders, real estate practitioners and other housing industry professionals
Virginia’s NAHREP Chapter is the Northern Virginia Chapter.
- On a business level, the 2,800+ members share a LGBT and allied REALTOR® referral network, in addition to providing services to LGBT and non-LGBT home buyers an sellers. NAGLREP’s referral network also includes mortgage professionals, title agents, insurance agents, commercial agents, home inspectors, etc.
- The advocacy mission of NAGLREP is to advocate on behalf of the LGBT community as it relates to housing and discrimination laws.
NAGLREP’s presence in Virginia is the Washington D.C. Chapter.
For questions or further assistance, please contact:
Leslie J. Frazier
Senior Vice President of Community and Industry Relations