Step up, stand out, and help shape the future of Virginia’s real estate industry.
Virginia REALTORS® is always looking for great volunteers to participate on our Board of Directors, in numerous standing and non-standing committees, councils, workgroups and more. If you are interested in taking an active part in your state REALTOR® association, please take a moment to browse through the committee mission statements to see where you might like to participate.
Volunteer Timeline and Selection Process:
May 1st : Call for Virginia Board of Director Applications and Volunteers for Association Committees
June 16th : All Board of Director and Committee applications due
July 10th – August 4th : Board of Directors election period
September 20th : Installation of newly elected Board members
October 2nd : Committee Appointees notified. Acceptance process beings.
2024 Virginia REALTORS® Board of Directors
Applicants for the State Board of Directors do not need to participate in a local association nominating process or interview and do not need to obtain a local association endorsement to apply for a position on the State Association Board of Directors.
In lieu of letters of recommendation, please fill in up to three (3) endorsers in the appropriate section of your application. Please do not include your Association Executive, as they will submit their endorsements directly to VAR.
2024 BOARD OF DIRECTOR OPEN SEATS AVAILABLE FOR ELECTION OR RE-ELECTION
12 seats are open for 2024. All seats are 3-year terms unless noted otherwise.
- Tier A – 3 Seats
- Tier B – 3 Seats
- Tier C – 3 Seats
- Tier D – 1 Seat
- At-Large Statewide Seats – 2 Seats
These seats will be filled by the candidates with the highest vote count after the tier seats are filled during a separate election period. No more than one candidate at-large per local association membership can be elected.
*Must be a primary or secondary member of tier to run.
2024 BOD ELECTION TIMELINE
- May 1st – Application Opens
- June 16th – Application closes at 11:59 p.m.
- July 10th – July 28th – Board of Directors election period for Tiers A-D
- July 31st – August 4th – At-Large Statewide Seats runoff election period
- September 20th – Installation of newly elected Board members
2024 Virginia REALTORS® Committee Application
Please note that all applications must be submitted in their entirety, and that no piecemeal applications will be accepted.
In lieu of letters of recommendation, please fill in up to three (3) endorsers in the appropriate section of your application. Please do not include your Association Executive, as they will submit their endorsements directly to Virginia REALTORS®.
2024 NAR Directors Application
The application period for NAR Director seats is now open. Applications are facilitated by NAR and hosted on the NAR website.
To apply, copy and paste this address into your web browser: https://gms.realtor.org/dirntitl.nsf/AddDirApp?OpenForm
NAR Director nominees will be elected by the Virginia REALTORS® Board of Directors during the BOD meeting on August 9th, 10:00 a.m., at the Virginia Association of REALTORS® Glen Allen office (10231 Telegraph Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23059).
Any member wishing to be considered must complete the NAR application no later than 4:59 p.m. on July 15, 2023. At that time Virginia REALTORS® will download any completed applications for Virginia REALTORS® Board consideration. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. All qualifications and certification requirements are established by NAR.
Please use these steps below to complete your application:
- Copy and paste this URL (https://gms.realtor.org/dirntitl.nsf/AddDirApp?OpenForm) into your web browser to fill out an application.
- The State Association only selects the state-allocated Directors. To be considered for a state-allocated seat you must select “STATE-ALLOCATED DIRECTOR” from the position sought drop-down option REGARDLESS OF YOUR PRIMARY BOARD SIZE. If you do not select this option, your application will not be included in the state-allocated candidate group. The State does not select Large Board allocated Directors.
Remember, applications must be completed on the NAR site no later than 4:59 p.m. on July 15, 2023.