As communities respond and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, there is opportunity for REALTORS® to help rebuild the communities they serve. We have experienced first-hand how it felt to be isolated from the world and have learned how to adapt and overcome. Here are a few tips on how you can help restore communities in Virginia:
- Volunteer- Find an organization in your city who helps those in need. Ask them how you can best help based on your unique talents, expertise, and/or passions. Let’s be the ones to help give strength and hope to those in our community.
- Reclaim Human Connections- Many people haven’t seen friends and family during the pandemic. Set up a safe in-person gathering with those you’ve been longing to see, and use that time to listen and learn what the experience has been like for others. You’ll likely gain new perspectives and deepen your connections.
- Attend a Local Event- Do a quick search and find out what events your community is hosting this summer. Facebook events and Eventbrite are both great tools to use to see what’s happening near you in the coming weeks. Attending an event is a great way to refresh connections and create new ones.
- Support a Small Business- Local business is at the heart of every community, and many are struggling to stay afloat. When possible, shop small!
- Fuel Your Mind and Body- COVID-19 has changed the way we interact, and things will never be like they were before. We must fuel ourselves so we don’t get tired of doing the work that our communities need. REALTORS® are good neighbors in every sense, and people need you now more than ever. Take care of yourself so that you can take care of others.