Building Better Mental Health
May 7, 2021
Mental health is a huge component of our overall health. In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, check out these tips to help keep your mental health in check.
- Physical Health: Take care of your physical health by exercising regularly and getting enough sleep. Doing this also helps to destress.
- Connect with Others: Enjoy a meal with someone or join a social group. Both can be done virtually! We need positive connections with other people.
- Practice Gratitude: Choose three things every morning that you’re grateful for. Doing so will get your brain focused on the good things happening in your life.
- Play: Playing games can be a real mood booster and can also help you feel connected to your friends.
- Music: Throw on your favorite playlist and have jam session. Dancing can help with your physical wellbeing and can be emotionally uplifting.
- Vitamin D: Now that summer is approaching, take advantage of the beautiful sunlight. Enjoy Mother Nature and don’t forget your sunscreen.
- Do What You Enjoy: Whether you like adult coloring books or yoga, do whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Ask for Help: It’s okay to ask for help when you’re not feeling okay. Everyone goes through patches where they’re not feeling their best. Don’t be ashamed to ask your friends and family for help.
Keep in mind, these are just tips and not actual medical advice. For more information on mental health resources, click here.
You might also like…
Fair Housing Month & Realtist Week: Commemorate and Learn this April
By Leslie J. Frazier - March 29, 2023
Every April, REALTORS® commemorate the passing of the 1968 Fair Housing Act and reflect on housing discrimination throughout history and present day. (Have you checked out NAR’s latest… Read More
Announcing Virginia’s 2022 RPAC Hall of Fame Inductees
By Robin Spensieri - January 18, 2023
Virginia REALTORS® celebrates its new inductees to NAR’s RPAC Hall of Fame! The Hall of Fame recognizes members who have made a significant commitment to the REALTORS® Political Action… Read More
2022 Results: Virginia REALTORS® RPAC Awards
By Robin Spensieri - January 12, 2023
On Tuesday, January 10, 2023, REALTORS® from across the Virginia gathered for the 2022 RPAC Awards ceremony in downtown Richmond. After a fantastic year of hard work and collaboration,… Read More