REALTORS® across the country are trying to manage life and business by learning new ways to avoid getting overwhelmed with the uncertainty and unknowns of today’s world. There are many factors that can contribute to large amounts of stress. In honor of Stress Awareness Month, we’re sharing a few tips for managing stress in a healthy, positive way.
- Create a routine. Because of the pandemic, your schedule could be more chaotic than ever. Creating a morning routine can help you feel more positive and productive. Consider exercising, journaling, or even meditating with the Calm app.
- Find social support. Keeping positive people you can rely on in your inner circle is very important to help you manage stress. Check in on your loved ones. While social distancing is essential in stopping the spread of COVID-19, a simple call, Facetime, or text can lift your spirits and those of the person you’re communicating with, as well.
- Limit news and social media. Constantly checking your news feeds and seeing bad news can alter your mood immediately. Limiting your news intake and setting boundaries on social media can definitely help manage your stress level.
- Make time for fun. With COVID-19, having fun can look very different today. Host a virtual game night, invest in backyard games, and browse the internet for fun events you can participate in from the comfort of your own home. Bunch is a great app to use for playing games with friends!
- Sleep and rest. To help relieve stress before bed, unplug. Try relaxation techniques, and disconnect from technology at least 30 minutes before bed.
Looking for more ways to manage stress during a pandemic? Check out this article from the CDC.