Top Strategies for Avoiding Distractions
February 28, 2020
It’s easy to get distracted throughout the day, and if we’re completely honest, we live in an age of distractions. Apps, people, and tasks are constantly vying for our attention, which can leave us feeling distracted and not very productive. We asked for your strategies on how to best beat distractions and here’s what REALTORS® across Virginia had to say.
- Make a list– Make a list of all your tasks and prioritize from most important to least important. Don’t forget to check off the task once completed. It will feel good to put a checkmark next to that accomplishment!
- Use phone reminders– Set reminders on your phone so when you do get busy, your phone won’t let you forget those important things you want to complete.
- Close the Door– Close your door when you really need to buckle down. If you are worried about someone wondering why your door is shut, put a note on the door that says “Buckle down time” or “Please knock.”
- Turn off your notifications– Alerts for chats, emails and social media can be a common culprit when it comes to distractions. Simply turn off the notifications for a designated period of time. You might be surprised at how much work you get done.
- Reward yourself– Not if, but when (because we believe in you) you complete all of your tasks for the day, treat yourself! Knowing there’s a reward for you at the end of the day may help you focus more on getting your work done.
We hope these tips help you take your first steps toward eliminating distractions. Do you have a pro tip when it comes to eliminating distractions? Let us know!
You might also like…
5 Staging Tips for a Happy Home
By Stephanie Flynn - February 16, 2023
In this age of telework, virtual school, and even virtual lessons and camps, many of us are spending more time at home than ever before. Keep this in… Read More
The Connection Between Communication & Resident Retention
By Stephanie Flynn - February 14, 2023
Marketing your rental property to potential new tenants is one part of your job, but what about resident retention? Establishing an open line of communication with those that… Read More
3 Predicted Home Trends Buyers Will Want in 2023
By Stephanie Flynn - January 25, 2023
New year, new trends. What your buyer clients are looking for in a home will always be evolving, but we have predictions on the top layout and design… Read More