Video is a powerful digital marketing tool that REALTORS® can use for business growth. It’s a way to connect with your audience and build relationships with more people. Many REALTORS® struggle to find the time to add video marketing into their business strategy, but we have your top tips for creating videos with ease! If you’re ready to expand your video presence, here’s a guide to creating your best video yet.
Fun Fact: Most content on social media is consumed by video.
- Lighting! Lighting! Lighting! – No one wants to watch a video that looks like it’s going to turn into a scary movie. It’s best to shoot during daylight hours. You’ll be sure to shine like the sun!
- Landscape & Vertical Orientation- Videos made in landscape orientation are very pleasing to watch. They work perfectly for anyone viewing the video on a widescreen and you’ll capture more. Vertical videos work well for Instagram and Facebook
- Stay Steady- If you’re shooting your video on your phone, we recommend using a tripod with a clamp to get the best steady shot. This eliminates any shaking of the phone and allows you to focus on the content versus the tool that you’re using. Pro-Tip: Keep the camera up and not below your chin where you’re looking down at the camera.
- Audio is Important- If possible, try to shoot your video in a quiet setting. Depending on the content you’re creating you may need some accessories. When it comes to microphones and lavaliers, there are quite a few options. Keep it simple with this lavalier or this microphone.
- Captions- Keep in mind that a lot of video is consumed on social media. Not everyone can hear your audio and/or doesn’t speak your language. Make it easy for the viewer to know what the video is about by adding captions.
We hope this helps you create awesome and captivating video content. If you have any tips you would like to share, feel free to let us know in the comments.