How Virginia REALTORS® Can Take Advantage of the Sales Tax Holiday
August 1, 2019
By: Vice President of Political Operations, Anthony Reedy
We know you and your clients like to save money. This weekend is the perfect opportunity to do so during Virginia’s 2019 Sales Tax Holiday.
From Friday, August 2 through Sunday, August 4, consumers across Virginia can purchase select items without paying the state sales tax.
Whether you need to stock up on school supplies or prepare for the upcoming hurricane season, this weekend is the chance to save on qualified items.
Eligible items this weekend include:
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear:
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item; and
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item.
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products:
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item;
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item;
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item; and
- Other specified hurricane preparedness products – $60 or less per item.
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products:
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for non-commercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item.
You can find more information about the 2019 Virginia Sales Tax Holiday, including a more detailed list of qualifying items, on the Virginia Tax website.
You might also like…
5 Staging Tips for a Happy Home
By Stephanie Flynn - February 16, 2023
In this age of telework, virtual school, and even virtual lessons and camps, many of us are spending more time at home than ever before. Keep this in… Read More
The Connection Between Communication & Resident Retention
By Stephanie Flynn - February 14, 2023
Marketing your rental property to potential new tenants is one part of your job, but what about resident retention? Establishing an open line of communication with those that… Read More
3 Predicted Home Trends Buyers Will Want in 2023
By Stephanie Flynn - January 25, 2023
New year, new trends. What your buyer clients are looking for in a home will always be evolving, but we have predictions on the top layout and design… Read More