By: Vice President of Political Operations, Anthony Reedy
We know you and your clients like to save money. This weekend is the perfect opportunity to do so during Virginia’s 2019 Sales Tax Holiday.
From Friday, August 2 through Sunday, August 4, consumers across Virginia can purchase select items without paying the state sales tax.
Whether you need to stock up on school supplies or prepare for the upcoming hurricane season, this weekend is the chance to save on qualified items.
Eligible items this weekend include:
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear:
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item; and
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item.
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products:
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item;
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item;
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item; and
- Other specified hurricane preparedness products – $60 or less per item.
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products:
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for non-commercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item.
You can find more information about the 2019 Virginia Sales Tax Holiday, including a more detailed list of qualifying items, on the Virginia Tax website.