Get Ready for the June 8th Primary Election
May 13, 2021
Every year is an election year in Virginia, so the next opportunity for people to express their voice is in the June 8th primary elections to nominate candidates for the general election in November 2021.
Only certain offices are up for election on June 8th. The Democratic Party will nominate candidates for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and Attorney General in the primary that day, while the Republican Party nominated its statewide candidates in a recent “unassembled convention” on May 8th. Numerous House of Delegates and local offices will be on the June 8th ballot as well. You can check out the options in your area by visiting the Virginia Public Access Project.
Below, you will find a list of RPAC of Virginia-supported primary candidates.
A few of key dates to remember and make a plan:
– Monday, May 17: The last day to register for the June 8th elections. Check the Virginia Department of Elections website for your registration status.
– Friday, May 28 at 5:00 pm: Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you. The request must be received by your registrar by 5:00 p.m.
– Saturday, June 5 at 5:00 pm: Last day of in-person absentee voting at your local registrar’s office.
– Tuesday, June 8: Election Day! Normal polling locations are open from 6:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Check out more voting related information here.
Here is the list of candidates RPAC of Virginia is supporting in the June 8, 2021 primary elections. Note that not every House of Delegate district has a primary election contest. RPAC of Virginia supports candidates based on their support of REALTOR®-friendly policies, not political party or non-REALTOR® issues.
House Republican Nominations
- District 09 – Delegate Charles Poindexter
- District 22 – Delegate Kathy Byron
- District 24 – Delegate Ronnie Campbell
House Democratic Nominations
- District 02 – Delegate Candi King
- District 31 – Delegate Elizabeth Guzman
- District 34 – Delegate Kathleen Murphy
- District 36 – Delegate Ken Plum
- District 38 – Delegate Kaye Kory
- District 49 – Delegate Alfonso Lopez
- District 68 – Delegate Dawn Adams
- District 71 – Delegate Jeff Bourne
- District 74 – Delegate Lamont Bagby
- District 79 – Delegate Steve Heretick
If you have any questions, reach out to us at email@example.com.
You might also like…
Madness in March: The beginning of a WILD election year!
By Maura Pratt - March 29, 2023
Following the conclusion of Legislative Session, the lawmakers in Virginia have shifted their sights from passing good legislation to one very important thing: 2023 elections. That’s right! It’s… Read More
The “Skinny” on Virginia’s Budget
By Maura Pratt - March 24, 2023
The 2023 General Assembly Session adjourned exactly a month ago and, among the many items that the House and Senate failed to agree on, a full budget did… Read More
Why We’re Lucky to Have RPAC
By Maura Pratt - March 17, 2023
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! It’s mid-March, and that means we are sham-rocking and rolling through another year of critical elections in the commonwealth. With all 140 seats in… Read More