Last year, we talked about making your clients fall in love with your city. REALTORS® still have to accomplish this, but doing so can be incredibly challenging during a pandemic. REALTORS®, what do you love the most about your city? It is important to take time to be creative when thinking about how to sell your city to newcomers because many of your favorite places may not be open because of COVID-19 restrictions. Keep these tips top of mind when sharing the love for your city with your clients. Feeling creative? Put together a city guide for your clients to help make them feel at home.
- Take a drive around town– Have your clients follow you around town to your favorite spots! Take them by a few places that are particularly great during the pandemic like parks and places with ample outdoor activities. This is a great way for them to see your city during the day and gives them the ability to create their own “must visit” list.
- Highlight the hottest restaurants in town– We’ve always heard that the best way to win someone over is with food. Ask your potential clients what their favorite type of food is. Do your research and recommend the best restaurants in your city for them to grab takeout.
- Touch on the scenic spots– Make this fun for them! Think of the best views in your city and take them there before or after a listing appointment. Bonus! Scenic spots tend to be social-distancing friendly.
- Focus on their wants– It’s important to know your audience. Whatever it is they that love to do the most, find the best of that specific thing. For example, if they like hockey, find a skating park and share what COVID-19 safety measures that facility has in place.
- Showcase your personality– The most important thing is to have fun selling homes around the city you love. Share with your potential clients why you love the city so much and ways that you have found to have fun and embrace the world around you during such uncertain times. You are the expert! Who knows a city better than a REALTOR®?
Join the conversation! Head over to our Facebook page and tell us why you love your city! Use the hashtag #LoveMyCity