Ways to Save on Utilities
August 23, 2019
Summer may be winding down, but that doesn’t mean your bills will. Do you wish you had some extra cash in your pocket? Dominion Energy has useful tips and small changes you can make that add up to short and long-term savings.
1. Use a free online Energy Savings Calculator. Dominion Energy has a free energy savings calculator that can track your electricity use by the hour, day, or more. You can also sign up to get email or text alerts about your estimated bill.
2. Turn down your water heater. The majority of water heaters come set at 140 degrees. Turn it down to 120 degrees for savings and safety.
3. Practice thermostat control. In summer, try 75-78 degrees to save on air conditioning.
4. Wash smarter. Use the energy saver mode on your clothes washer and dishwasher. Also, wash your laundry in cold water. Cold water reduces wrinkles, which saves energy costs (and time) associated with ironing.
5. Look closer. If you feel like your energy costs are rising, stop and take a closer look at your utility bill for any changes.
For more ways to save on your utility bill, click here.
You might also like…
5 Staging Tips for a Happy Home
By Stephanie Flynn - February 16, 2023
In this age of telework, virtual school, and even virtual lessons and camps, many of us are spending more time at home than ever before. Keep this in… Read More
The Connection Between Communication & Resident Retention
By Stephanie Flynn - February 14, 2023
Marketing your rental property to potential new tenants is one part of your job, but what about resident retention? Establishing an open line of communication with those that… Read More
3 Predicted Home Trends Buyers Will Want in 2023
By Stephanie Flynn - January 25, 2023
New year, new trends. What your buyer clients are looking for in a home will always be evolving, but we have predictions on the top layout and design… Read More