Like to save a little money? This weekend is the perfect opportunity to do so during Virginia’s 2020 Sales Tax Holiday.
From Friday, August 7 through Sunday, August 9, consumers across Virginia can purchase select items without paying the state sales tax.
Whether you need to stock up on school supplies or prepare for the upcoming hurricane season, this weekend is the chance to save on qualified items. This includes certain online purchases as well.
Eligible items include things such as:
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items – $60 or less per item
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item
You can find more information about Virginia’s Sales Tax Holiday, including a more detailed list of qualifying items, on the Virginia Tax website.