After weeks of disruption, many of us are eager to get back to business as usual. But it is not going to be that simple. There are so many factors that need to be considered: current government regulation, the health and safety of yourself and your agents, social distancing plans, office cleaning procedures, agent communications, and expectations. So, where do you start?
Many companies, agencies, and associations have put a lot of thought into what should be considered, and there are a lot of good resources out there. We’ve scoured the internet and selected the best plans to share. A common thread among these plans is the inclusion of the following foundational steps:
- Prepare the building or office space.
- Prepare your agents; set expectations.
- Develop office protocols to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Create a social distancing plan.
- Clean, clean, clean!
- Provide moral support.
Check out these plans to help you develop a plan that works for you and your firm.
- Brokers Broach Reopening With Caution, REALTOR® Magazine by Erica Christoffer
- COVID-19: Workplace Re-entry Checklist, provided by the National Association of REALTORS®
- The Safe Six: Workplace Readiness Essentials, a checklist prepared by Cushman & Wakefield
- Back to Work Safely, sponsored by AIHA®, a catalog of plans broker down by industry