The Virginia REALTORS® Issues Mobilization Fund was established to provide resources to the state and local associations to conduct research, public awareness campaigns, and other advocacy efforts.
Fund activities may include:
- Ballot measure campaigns
- Grassroots lobbying and public awareness campaigns such as paid media (digital, TV, radio, newspaper advertisements), letter-writing campaigns, or other creation of other promotional materials
- Hosting educational forums intended to raise awareness about an issue
- Contributions to, or in conjunction with, other grassroots lobbying organizations concerning a common issue
- Expenses associated with advocacy issues, such as a contract employing a professional advocate, legal services, or participation in key seminars and workshops
- Data collection to assist with the development of strategies such as polling and research
- Development of strategic policy plans such as a Smart Growth Toolkit for policy makers
Applications for $50,000 or less in funding will be reviewed and approved by the Issues Mobilization Subcommittee of the Virginia REALTORS® Public Policy Committee. Requests of more than $50,000 must also be approved by the Virginia REALTORS® Board of Directors.
For more information about the Issues Mobilization Fund, please contact Anthony Reedy at 804-249-5719 or firstname.lastname@example.org.